DOES ANYBODY REALLY KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS. DOES ANYBODY REALLY CARE?
~ Chicago Transit Authority, 1969
HA! Most would tell you that famous line was from the musical group Chicago but it was actually their earlier name that it was released under. You Are Welcome!
Why do we care about time? And more importantly why would we care about time IN THE DARK? I can think of a couple reasons. I might care about seeing my watch face in these conditions:
- Scuba Diving – I am a PADI certified Rescue Diver. Seeing your watch face at 130′ under water is IMPORTANT.
- Tactical or Military – sneaking up on people and knowing what exactly what time to react without revealing your position.
- Power Outages – They happen
- Camping or hiking – this could extend to illuminating a compass dial as well.
- Seeing the time without disturbing your spouse – possibly the most important on the list.
- Seeing the time in the middle of the night without lighting up the room and fully awakening yourself.
- Prepper Stuff – If you fancy yourself a prepper and you are in a situation where the fecal matter hits the rotating wind movement device……..you aren’t going to be able to run to the store to get an SR41 watch battery.